NW1 Plus Trial
Must have ORT Title on file with ACSW® for birch, anise and clove. Proficient in all three (3) odours Birch, Anise and Clove. Any of the three (3) odours (or a combination) may be used in each element. There will be only one (1) hide per element at this level. Please refer to the rulebook for further information
Trial Location: TBA 1 week out from trial
Trial Date: 19 September 2021
Trial Host: Dogs on Track
Certifying Official: Trinny Teigan CNWI
Judges: G Kerr CNWI & J McCarthy
Entry Cost: $100 per dog and handler team
This trial will be run according to QLD government health department Covid 19 requirements and may be cancelled at any time subject to changes with Covid 19 in QLD (if cancelled full refunds will be issued). Trial is open to QLD residents only
- The handler of the dogs must have a current ACSW membership.
- The dog must be registered with ACSW (see acsw.com.au for more details)
- The dog must have passed an ACSW ORT (birch, anise and clove) to be eligible to enter this trial
- Trial entries will close 12th September 2021 at 8 pm – limit of 35 dogs – if more than 35 entries are received then there will be a ballot
- ACSW reserves the right to cancel a trial if minimum entry numbers are not met
- Any entries that contain incorrect or misleading information may result in disqualification from the trial
- The venue location will be emailed to all successful applicants around 1 week prior to the trial
- Plan to arrive at the trial location at 8 am to register – a walk through will be conducted at 8 30 am.
- No Spectators are permitted in the search areas during the trial except ACSW & Ultimate K9 officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training and judges in training
- Please remember that ACSW events welcomes dogs of all description and temperaments. We rely on participants to respect the needs of all other dogs on the ground. As such, any dog, whether competing or not, will not be permitted to roam or socialize with any other dogs in the vicinity of the trial grounds. Exhibitors are responsible for the comfort and behavior of their dogs.
- Yellow ribbons and cones designate areas reserved for reactive dogs on for parking and peeing
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times when not being tested.
- Dogs and handlers must stay in designated areas to avoid contaminating testing space, interrupting a test, or from viewing part of the testing.
- The dog’s owner is responsible for having their dog ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in a crate by your car when not being tested. You are responsible for picking up after your dog
- Females in season – please contact your trial host if this becomes a possibility
Description of Trial – please refer to the rules on the ACSW web site.
All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the ACSW and demonstrate good sportsmanship. This includes making sure the hide placements are unknown to the handler prior to testing and kept secret from other competitors. Please do not discuss hide placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard.
Video Recording and Photography:
Videos and photos of the competition or competition areas are not allowed at this time, except by ACSW approved photographers/videographers. No portion of any event may be videotaped or photographed for commercial or other purposes without written authorization from ACSW. All photographs, video broadcast, and telecast rights for ACSW events are the exclusive property of ACSW.
As a condition of your entry, you agree to allow ACSW, or their agents, to video you and your dog, during the entirety of the trial. These videos are the property of ACSW. All competitors, through entry at any ACSW event, waive any and all rights relative to video broadcast or photography of such event.
Volunteers register here
NW1 Plus Trial 19 September 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm