L1V Element Trial – Vehicles
Trial Location: Galston, NSW
Trial Date: 16 July 2023
Trial Host: K9 Nose Time
Certifying Official: R Porter
Judges: R Porter & TBA
Important Information below – Please read carefully before making a decision to enter this L1V trial
The grounds where the trial is to be held has areas that are very uneven and moderately steep. These areas will be used for the trial and at this point there is no guarantee that teams can drive or walk to avoid them.
There is a field next to the search areas that regularly has horses in it. This means that there is a potential that the horses may come up to the fence and be roughly 20 metres away from some of the search areas. Please take this into consideration when you are signing up.
You can enter either the morning or the afternoon session.
There will be 4 search areas (Birch) – no safety walk through and no presentation.
Participants that pass all 4 search areas on the day will receive a ribbon at the completion of their 4th search.
Entry Cost: $45 per dog and handler team (please note payment is via Direct Deposit and must be made at the time of registering in order to confirm your entry – if a ballot is needed then those unsuccessful teams will be refunded
DD details K9 Nose Time BSB: 082-356 Acc: 975913918
One dog per household
Must have passed offical ACSW Birch ORT
- The handler of the dogs must have a current ACSW membership.
- The dog must be registered with ACSW (see acsw.com.au for more details)
- The dog must have passed an ACSW ORT (birch) to be eligible to enter this trial
- Trial entries will close 9th July 2023 at 8 pm Sydney time- depending on number of entries, there may be a ballot
- ACSW reserves the right to cancel a trial if minimum entry numbers are not met
- Any entries that contain incorrect or misleading information may result in disqualification from the trial
- The venue location will be emailed to all successful applicants around 1 week prior to the trial
- Plan to arrive at the trial location at 8 am to register – there will be no walk through.
- No Spectators are permitted in the search areas during the trial except ACSW & K9 NoseTime officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training and judges in training
- Please remember that ACSW events welcomes dogs of all description and temperaments. We rely on participants to respect the needs of all other dogs on the ground. As such, any dog, whether competing or not, will not be permitted to roam or socialise with any other dogs in the vicinity of the trial grounds. Exhibitors are responsible for the comfort and behaviour of their dogs.
- Yellow ribbons and cones designate areas reserved for reactive dogs on for parking and peeing
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times when not being tested.
- Dogs and handlers must stay in designated areas to avoid contaminating testing space, interrupting a test, or from viewing part of the testing.
- The dog’s owner is responsible for having their dog ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in a crate by your car when not being tested. You are responsible for picking up after your dog
- Females in season – please contact your trial host if this becomes a possibility
Description of Trial
Level 1 Element Specialty Title Requirements
Element Specialty Titles may be earned in two ways. If a team receives a perfect score of 100 points and no more than 3 faults at a trial, they will earn the corresponding Element Specialty title in a single trial. If a team receives a “passing score” and no more than 3 faults, they will earn a qualifying leg towards their title. Two qualifying legs will result in a title. The maximum time for each element, as determined by the specific competition, must not be exceeded. Times for each Level 1 Element Specialty search are typically around one to three minutes. The “passing” score for a trial will be 75 points.
For more information please refer to the rules on the ACSW web site for more information
All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the ACSW and demonstrate good sportsmanship. This includes making sure the hide placements are unknown to the handler prior to testing and kept secret from other competitors. Please do not discuss hide placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard.
Video Recording and Photography:
Videos and photos of the competition or competition areas are not allowed at this time, except by ACSW approved photographers/videographers. No portion of any event may be videotaped or photographed for commercial or other purposes without written authorization from ACSW. All photographs, video broadcast, and telecast rights for ACSW events are the exclusive property of ACSW.
As a condition of your entry, you agree to allow ACSW, or their agents, to video you and your dog, during the entirety of the trial. These videos are the property of ACSW. All competitors, through entry at any ACSW event, waive any and all rights relative to video broadcast or photography of such event.
Volunteers register here
L1V Morning - 16th July 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
L1V Afternoon - 16th July 2023
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm