L1I Plus Element Trial – Interiors
Trial Location: Meridan Plains, QLD
Trial Date: 4 June 2023
Trial Host: Ultimate K9
Certifying Official: Kim Murdoch
Judges: Kim Murdoch and Helene Robinson
Participants that pass all 4 search areas on the day will receive a ribbon at the completion of their 4th search.
Entry Cost: $55 per dog and handler team (please note payment is via Paypal and must be made at the time of registering in order to confirm your entry – if a ballot is needed then those unsuccessful teams will be refunded
Must have passed offical ACSW Birch, Anise & Clove ORTs
- The handler of the dogs must have a current ACSW membership.
- The dog must be registered with ACSW (see acsw.com.au for more details)
- The dog must have passed ACSW ORTs (birch, anise and clove) to be eligible to enter this trial
- Trial entries will close 28 May 2023 at 8 pm Sydney time – limit of 70 dogs – if more than 70 entries are received then there will be a ballot
- ACSW reserves the right to cancel a trial if minimum entry numbers are not met
- Any entries that contain incorrect or misleading information may result in disqualification from the trial
- The venue location will be emailed to all successful applicants around 1 week prior to the trial
- Plan to arrive at the trial location at 8 am to register – there will be no walk through.
- No Spectators are permitted in the search areas during the trial except ACSW & Ultimate K9 officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training and judges in training
- Please remember that ACSW events welcomes dogs of all description and temperaments. We rely on participants to respect the needs of all other dogs on the ground. As such, any dog, whether competing or not, will not be permitted to roam or socialise with any other dogs in the vicinity of the trial grounds. Exhibitors are responsible for the comfort and behaviour of their dogs.
- Yellow ribbons and cones designate areas reserved for reactive dogs on for parking and peeing
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times when not being tested.
- Dogs and handlers must stay in designated areas to avoid contaminating testing space, interrupting a test, or from viewing part of the testing.
- The dog’s owner is responsible for having their dog ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in a crate by your car when not being tested. You are responsible for picking up after your dog
- Females in season – please contact your trial host if this becomes a possibility
Must have ORT title for birch – anise and clove
any of the 3 odours or a combination may be used
1 hide per search area (4 search areas)
All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the ACSW and demonstrate good sportsmanship. This includes making sure the hide placements are unknown to the handler prior to testing and kept secret from other competitors. Please do not discuss hide placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard.
Video Recording and Photography:
Videos and photos of the competition or competition areas are not allowed at this time, except by ACSW approved photographers/videographers. No portion of any event may be videotaped or photographed for commercial or other purposes without written authorization from ACSW. All photographs, video broadcast, and telecast rights for ACSW events are the exclusive property of ACSW.
As a condition of your entry, you agree to allow ACSW, or their agents, to video you and your dog, during the entirety of the trial. These videos are the property of ACSW. All competitors, through entry at any ACSW event, waive any and all rights relative to video broadcast or photography of such event.
Volunteers register here
L1I Plus Element Trial - 4 June 2023
8:00 am - 1:00 pm