K9 Nose Work® Inaugural NW3 Trial
Birch , Anise & Clove
Trial Location: QLD
Trial Date: 2 July 2023
Trial Host: Ultimate K9
Certifying Official: TBA
Entry Cost: $120 inc GST per dog and handler team (Payment via Paypal to be made at time of registration)
Must have passed offical ACSW Birch , Anise & Clove ORT’s and NW1 and NW2
- The handler of the dogs must have a current ACSW membership.
- The dog must be registered with ACSW (see acsw.com.au for more details)
- The dog must have passed ACSW ORTs (birch, anise and clove to be eligible to enter this trial in addition to NW1 and NW2
- Trial entries will close 26 June 2023 at 8 pm Sydney time – limit of 30 dogs – if more than 30 entries are received then there will be a ballot
- ACSW reserves the right to cancel a trial if minimum entry numbers are not met
- Any entries that contain incorrect or misleading information may result in disqualification from the trial
- The venue location will be emailed to all successful applicants around 1 week prior to the trial
- Plan to arrive at the trial location at 8 am to register – a walk through will be conducted at 8 30 am.
- No Spectators are permitted in the search areas during the trial except ACSW & Ultimate K9 officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training and judges in training
- Please remember that ACSW events welcomes dogs of all description and temperaments. We rely on participants to respect the needs of all other dogs on the ground. As such, any dog, whether competing or not, will not be permitted to roam or socialize with any other dogs in the vicinity of the trial grounds. Exhibitors are responsible for the comfort and behavior of their dogs.
- Yellow ribbons and cones designate areas reserved for reactive dogs for parking and peeing
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times when not being tested.
- Dogs and handlers must stay in designated areas to avoid contaminating testing space, interrupting a test, or from viewing part of the testing.
- The dog’s owner is responsible for having their dog ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in a crate by your car when not being tested. You are responsible for picking up after your dog
- Females in season – please contact your trial host if this becomes a possibility
Description of Trial
There will be at least one search of each element (Containers, Exteriors, Interiors and Vehicles). The remaining two (2) searches will be interiors.
For more information please refer to the ACSW Rulebook
All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the ACSW and demonstrate good sportsmanship. This includes making sure the hide placements are unknown to the handler prior to testing and kept secret from other competitors. Please do not discuss hide placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard.
The Bravo award is given at the NW3 level to the most outstanding rescue dog that demonstrates extraordinary ability and spirit in nose work. A rescue dog may be defined as a dog that was not purchased from a breeder, private party or store. The dog may have been adopted from a shelter, rescued from the street, fostered with a rescue organization, etc. The five highest scoring rescue dogs will be considered for the Bravo Award when available. A dog may only receive this award one time. Rescue designation is taken from your ACSW dog registration information.
ACSW Score Book:
Not required anymore as results will be available for viewing through our membership portal
Video Recording and Photography:
Videos and photos of the competition or competition areas are not allowed at this time, except by ACSW approved photographers/videographers. No portion of any event may be videotaped or photographed for commercial or other purposes without written authorization from ACSW. All photographs, video broadcast, and telecast rights for ACSW events are the exclusive property of ACSW.
As a condition of your entry, you agree to allow ACSW, or their agents, to video you and your dog, during the entirety of the trial. These videos are the property of ACSW. All competitors, through entry at any ACSW event, waive any and all rights relative to video broadcast or photography of such event.
Volunteers register here
NW3 Trial 2 July 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm