L1V Element Trial – Vehicles
Trial Location: Minto, NSW
Trial Date: 3rd April 2022
Trial Host: ScentSational Sniffers
Certifying Official: TBA
There will be 4 search areas (Birch) – no safety walk through and no presentation.
Participants that pass all 4 search areas on the day will receive a ribbon at the completion of their 4th search.
Entry Cost: $45 per dog and handler team (please note payment is via Paypal and must be made at the time of registering in order to confirm your entry – if a ballot is needed then those unsuccessful teams will be refunded
One dog per household
Must have passed offical ACSW Birch ORT
Due to the nature of the business at this location, anyone attending this trial in any capacity must be double vaccinated with a Government approved Covid 19 vaccine – proof of this will be required.
- The handler of the dogs must have a current ACSW membership.
- The dog must be registered with ACSW (see acsw.com.au for more details)
- The dog must have passed an ACSW ORT (birch) to be eligible to enter this trial
- Trial entries will close 28th March 2022 at 8 pm EST – depending on number of entries, there may be a ballot
- ACSW reserves the right to cancel a trial if minimum entry numbers are not met
- Any entries that contain incorrect or misleading information may result in disqualification from the trial
- The venue location will be emailed to all successful applicants around 1 week prior to the trial
- Plan to arrive at the trial location at 8 am to register – there will be no walk through.
- No Spectators are permitted in the search areas during the trial except ACSW & Scentsational Sniffers officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training and judges in training
- Please remember that ACSW events welcomes dogs of all description and temperaments. We rely on participants to respect the needs of all other dogs on the ground. As such, any dog, whether competing or not, will not be permitted to roam or socialize with any other dogs in the vicinity of the trial grounds. Exhibitors are responsible for the comfort and behavior of their dogs.
- Yellow ribbons and cones designate areas reserved for reactive dogs on for parking and peeing
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times when not being tested.
- Dogs and handlers must stay in designated areas to avoid contaminating testing space, interrupting a test, or from viewing part of the testing.
- The dog’s owner is responsible for having their dog ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in a crate by your car when not being tested. You are responsible for picking up after your dog
- Females in season – please contact your trial host if this becomes a possibility
Description of Trial
Level 1 Element Specialty Title Requirements
Element Specialty Titles may be earned in two ways. If a team receives a perfect score of 100 points and no more than 3 faults at a trial, they will earn the corresponding Element Specialty title in a single trial. If a team receives a “passing score” and no more than 3 faults, they will earn a qualifying leg towards their title. Two qualifying legs will result in a title. The maximum time for each element, as determined by the specific competition, must not be exceeded. Times for each Level 1 Element Specialty search are typically around one to three minutes. The “passing” score for a trial will be 75 points.
For more information please refer to the NACSW rulebook
All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the ACSW and demonstrate good sportsmanship. This includes making sure the hide placements are unknown to the handler prior to testing and kept secret from other competitors. Please do not discuss hide placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard.
Video Recording and Photography:
Videos and photos of the competition or competition areas are not allowed at this time, except by ACSW approved photographers/videographers. No portion of any event may be videotaped or photographed for commercial or other purposes without written authorization from ACSW. All photographs, video broadcast, and telecast rights for ACSW events are the exclusive property of ACSW.
As a condition of your entry, you agree to allow ACSW, or their agents, to video you and your dog, during the entirety of the trial. These videos are the property of ACSW. All competitors, through entry at any ACSW event, waive any and all rights relative to video broadcast or photography of such event.
ACSW Event Format Changes
Competitors will be divided into separate groups, based on their running order. This will enable us to stagger the number of people attending at one time, helping us to maintain social distancing.
We also recommend that before entering any ACSW event, you check with the governments most recent updated covid-19 information to ensure you are able to attend. If there are any changes to the restrictions and you are unable to attend, your host will give you a full refund (less admin fee) of your entry fee.
Volunteers register here
L1V Element Trial - 3rd April 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Minto, NSW