L1C Element Trial – Containers
Trial Location: Albion Park, NSW
Trial Date: 30 April 2023
Trial Host: The Dog Project
Certifying Official: Rosie Porter CNWI
Judges: Sue Town CNWI & Rosie Porter CNWI
This event will be run according to NSW government health department Covid 19 requirements and may be cancelled at any time subject to changes with Covid 19 in NSW (if cancelled full refunds minus admin fee will be issued).
There will be 4 search areas (Birch) – no safety walk through and no presentation.
Participants that pass all 4 search areas on the day will receive a ribbon at the completion of their 4th search.
Entry Cost: $45 per dog and handler team (please note payment must be made at the time of registering in order to confirm your entry – if a ballot is needed then those unsuccessful teams will be refunded
please make payment here
click on register now below
enter all required details and click on proceed to payment options
select Invoice under Method of Payment and click on proceed to finalise registration
click on View Full order confirmation receipt
you will see Payment must be received at time of registration – please make payment here
Must have passed offical ACSW Birch ORT
- The handler of the dogs must have a current ACSW membership.
- The dog must be registered with ACSW (see acsw.com.au for more details)
- The dog must have passed an ACSW ORT (birch) to be eligible to enter this trial
- Trial entries will close 23rd April 2023 at 8 pm EST – limit of 35 dogs – if more than 35 entries are received then there will be a ballot
- ACSW reserves the right to cancel a trial if minimum entry numbers are not met
- Any entries that contain incorrect or misleading information may result in disqualification from the trial
- The venue location will be emailed to all successful applicants around 1 week prior to the trial
- Please arrive at the trial location at 8 am to register – there will be no walk through.
- No Spectators are permitted in the search areas during the trial except ACSW & The Dog Project officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training and judges in training
- Please remember that ACSW events welcomes dogs of all description and temperaments. We rely on participants to respect the needs of all other dogs on the ground. As such, any dog, whether competing or not, will not be permitted to roam or socialize with any other dogs in the vicinity of the trial grounds. Competitors are responsible for the comfort and behaviour of their dogs.
- There will be designated reactive dog parking
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times when not being tested.
- Dogs and handlers must stay in designated areas to avoid contaminating testing space, interrupting a test, or from viewing part of the testing.
- The dog’s handler is responsible for having their dog ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in a crate by your car when not being tested. You are responsible for picking up after your dog
- Females in season – please contact your trial host if this becomes a possibility
Description of Trial
Level 1 Element Specialty Title Requirements
Element Specialty Titles may be earned in two ways. If a team receives a perfect score of 100 points and no more than 3 faults at a trial, they will earn the corresponding Element Specialty title in a single trial. If a team receives a “passing score” and no more than 3 faults, they will earn a qualifying leg towards their title. Two qualifying legs will result in a title. The maximum time for each element, as determined by the specific competition, must not be exceeded. Times for each Level 1 Element Specialty search are typically around one to three minutes. The “passing” score for a trial will be 75 points.
For more information please refer to the ACSW rulebook
All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the ACSW and demonstrate good sportsmanship. This includes making sure the hide placements are unknown to the handler prior to testing and kept secret from other competitors. Please do not discuss hide placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard.
Video Recording and Photography:
Videos and photos of the competition or competition areas are not allowed at this time, except by ACSW approved photographers/videographers. No portion of any event may be videotaped or photographed for commercial or other purposes without written authorization from ACSW. All photographs, video broadcast, and telecast rights for ACSW events are the exclusive property of ACSW.
As a condition of your entry, you agree to allow ACSW, or their agents, to video you and your dog, during the entirety of the trial. These videos are the property of ACSW. All competitors, through entry at any ACSW event, waive any and all rights relative to video broadcast or photography of such event.
Volunteers register here
L1C Element Trial - 30 April 2023
8:00 am - 1:00 pm